Thursday, June 23, 2005

WE ALL GET WHAT WE WANT final


The finale...
_________________

As Maddox's eternity continued to hum along he became more and more confused. He kept lifting weights and screwing whatever memories he could conjure and kept cleaning the couch, the equipment and the floor.

Later they started to vanish and fade and he felt a madness come over him as he embraced the couch. As each of them started to fall silent he would beg for them to come back. He wondered, for the first time in his life, about love.

But without their words and groans and cries and images he could no longer bring them back.

Each time one of them died in his memory (after the first few) Maddox would cry out their names. He would beg that they would come back.

They never did. Not a one.

They never again acknowledged him or had pity.

He lost his intimate memory of Denise, Roxanne, then Rachel and Diana, then Ramona and Erin, Julie, Patty, Brenda, another Roxanne, Linda, Sue, Susan, Susanna and Samantha and Cindy, Candy, Connie and Carol.

There were many others not listed here for the sake of brevity.

They died one by one inside Robert Maddox's soul and mind until he had no more visitors, just his karate studio, weights, and his fading imagination.

Last we saw he was undressing his couch, then caressing it, mouthing and tonguing it before taking it hard and fast as the clock on the far wall hummed into eternity.

______________________

Alright you lurkers...comment or I'll write a story about you.



Posted by Hello

7 comments:

ssas said...

write a story about me, please.

:)

ssas said...

btw, I'll comment more fully later when I've got time...

erl said...

ill comment ... i do enjoy your blog.

ssas said...

I think maddox obviously loved his life while he was living it, but apparently it didn't suit for death. That tells me that we all maybe need to do some work while we're alive in preparation for death. Exercise our spiritual muscle every now and again, and perhaps use our brains for more than keeping track of pretty girls' phone numbers.

I do like how he thought he was this strong, undefeatable guy who was taken down so easily. It reminds me of that scene in Indianna Jones where the guy is doing some fancy manuevers with his swords and Indy just pulls out a gun and shoots him.

Lara said...

Wait, if I comment I DON'T get a story? I'm not commenting then!

Todd Vodka said...

Ecstatic that I happened upon this. Cool stuff. I’ll be back.

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

More on the way today