Saturday, August 20, 2005

Fish & Chips Part 11



Dicky woke up groggy and hollow.

He got up and used the bathroom and looked out the window. Then he showered with the water as hot as he could stand.

He toweled off carefully and re-inspected his wounds. They had closed up nicely. He felt weak and nervous. He no longer wanted to smoke. He threw down the pack and left them for the girl.

When he came out into the small kitchen she was waiting in a robe and coffee was on.

"Will you come back," she asked looking away, "or will you go?" she asked turning to him.

"Well I'd like to get to know me," he said.

"I'd say you've already done that," she said flatly.

"I mean who you are, what you like, what you think...simple stuff."

She smiled. "I felt it?"

"Felt what?" he asked.

"The baby," she said.

He wasn't sure he had heard correctly, or maybe he just was in shock.

"You have a baby?"

"NO," she laughed, "We have a baby."

He sat down and laughed it off. What the hell was she talking. She must be crazy he thought.

"Last night, around 4 a.m. when you were driving me real hard," she said directly. "Do you remember that?"

"How could I forget?"

"Well that is when I knew," she said without emotion. "I see and feel things that others miss."

"So you believe you are pregnant from last night?"

"I know I am," she said. "Hopefully she will have my eyes and your height."

He turned to her and looked hard into those eyes. They were beautiful and deep and wide. It was always in the eyes. Damn.

"I wanted it to be you," she said not unkindly.

"Why me?" he asked incredulous.

"You blushed in the store," she said. "And you made eye contact in an unusual way. I told you I see things. I saw you at my window when I was in the store. At first I was disappointed," she said flatly and looking off.

"But there is more in you than you realize," she said. "And now there is more of you in me than you realize." With this last statment she giggled a bit.

Even he had to smirk at the remark. Then he returned to his fear, which was mounting.
________________________
oh...just keep reading....
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ssas said...

well, you gonna play, you gonna pay...

Anonymous said...

he should have worn a condom...oh hell then there would be no story line...come on, come on...more more more! I LOVE THIS!