Monday, August 22, 2005

Fish & Chips Part 8



She was waiting. Like she knew all along. Short, compact in her chair with a glass of wine in her hand.

The dark blue light was behind her in the window and a small lamp lighted up her body as she sipped calmly.

"You shouldn't be here" she said.

"I know," he said ducking under and through the window frame.

"I saw you in the store," she said.

"Yes," he said. "Me too."

"What do you want?" she asked.

"I wanted chips and dip," he said. "Now I am not sure."

"You are older than I thought and not healthy," she said.

"You speak the truth and you are younger than I thought," he said.

"Do you want me?" she asked.

"I thought I did," he said, "but now I am not sure."

She sighed and looked away. He noted the line of her jaw and it excited him.

Then her eyes. Always the eyes.

His life was, and had been, ruled by the eyes.

So he made his way back out the window in a rush. Too much a rush...and that cost him everything...
_____________________
More in the morning....8 parts in one dau is quite enough...thanks Mitz!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GET OUT!!!!

he DIED! he fell out the window and he didn't even get any! I AM SO SHOCKED by this ending...and yet, it's so appropriate! it just fits! the eyes...that's what did it! always the eyes!

totally AWESOME story you are the MASTER! I'm NOT worthy! (bowing down) ;)

ssas said...

aww crap. shit. aw, all right. morning then.