Friday, August 19, 2005

Fish & Chips Part 14



He looked down and only saw the pattern in the ground. Just squares and dirt. She lay her head against his shoulder and he felt her dark cool hair.

"What do you mean about my deciding?" he finally asked after a time.

"You saw me and decided to follow me home," she said. "I could feel you behind. I could almost see through your eyes as you watched me. That is why I was not afraid."

"Not even when I came in your window?" as he asked this he remembered her look and knew it was a stupid question. He had been the one who fled and had fallen.

"Okay, your turn," he said softly.

"Why did you come down?"

"I saw her and wanted her to live and you were a part of her," she said simply.

"Are you crazy?" he asked.

"No. I once was...but no more. What shall we name her?"

"You're the visonary" he said sarcastically. Then he felt bad.

"I'm tired," he said. "Come."

He led her upstairs. It was hot in the apartment. He opened the window and got her some ice tea. She looked up sorrowful and yet whole.

He started to cry, and slumped onto the bed and fell asleep alongside her small frame.
______________________

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, i am riveted. It is truly an exceptional piece. The curiosity factor is there. I am DYING to turn the next page!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, i can wait. Just will be clicking by every few seconds. ;)

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Oh..I am so tired...but you all have been so supportive..I'll keep on. It's 7 p.m. PST. I'll ...well, look at 7:30

Anonymous said...

just letting you know it is 7:26. No pressure though!!!