Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fish & Chips Part 17



They showered and changed and shook hands and he said to Felix, "why don't you follow me home. We'll have a beer."

"Your beer is at my place," said Felix grinning.

"Okay, let's go."

The air was soft that night even though it was near 9 p.m. He felt good.

They drove back by Felix's place and Felix made a great show of introducing Rufus to Dicky. They made their peace and later Dicky brought down Rufus' dinner for him and patted his head and ruffled his ears. They shared a brown ale and some left over chips and onion dip.

He looked up and saw the light was on.

A small part of him wanted to bolt. He still could. But he kept looking up. he thought about her. It was crazy, but it resonated within him.

He climbed up the stairs and as he hit Felix's door he saw her sitting on the stairs about half the way down.

"I was on my way up," he said evenly.

"Yes, I know," she said almost laughing.

"Give me a minute?"

"Your life," she said, stubbing out her cigarette.

"Really?" he said eyeing her carefully.

"Really."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh, a cliff hanger!

Very good work.

I will wait for the next installment, you go any pace you want. I will just keep clicking 'refresh' every second or so.

Anonymous said...

Its your life....really.

Well done.

Thanks for your hard work and sharing it with us!