Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Kissing Your Brother


Mac's guest spot continues. Look for my interview with him in a few days on his site where I kick his wuss-ass. -Maugham
_______________________

Okay, I promised, then forgot to tell about kissing painter Rod Swenson.

There is really not much to tell except in the way of qualifiers.

I have never been homophobic. My best friend in High School was gay, I'm not. I never thought much about it. I just enjoyed his company. He was beautiful, and frankly, so was I.

He never hit on me and I never questioned him in any way. I was a strange irony too because he was a "Christian" and I really enjoyed being an utter heathen. Later he would chuck his own faith and I had a radical conversion experience.

As Vonnegut would say "so it goes".

Still I've never changed in that regard. I have always had friends who were gay, both men and women. I use to work for Life Lobby, which lobby's heavily for both human rights and also for more AIDS research. The head of Life Lobby (a wonderful woman) use to question me quite thoroughly about my Christianity.

I understood. I really loved her and her partner. Still do.

Anyway, I can hear someone saying (fucking neo-freudians) why all the qualifiers?

Are you an idiot?

(Damn, I come on Maug's site and I start to act like him all belligerant and stuff).

Just because I see people...live people. I happen to find women devastating. That's it.

________________

So one day, my good friend and painting mentor Rod Swenson shows up at my door for a party.

There is something immediately comic about both of us. Something over-done...unmistakenly ironic. We both look out of place and are in so many ways.

yet somehow compelling. I doubt anyone who has ever met Rod will ever forget him. Probably same for me.

So, he shows up at my door, and it was a grand place...the same place in the picture.

_____________________

Next...the place...

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Two str8t men KISS!
I LOVE THAT!

I know my "str8t male friends kiss too! NO REALLY, sometimes when departing after a night of drinks..they lay one on the kisser...and it's totally cool. I too have many gay and str8t friends of both sexes...and have kissed a girl...but I LURVE MEN! ;) thx for the update ..... I needed that!

kimmyk said...

I'll be back...I have been sitting here reading post after post...and I'm both confused and intriqued.
So,I'll be back...right after I go sit at work for 10 freakin' hours.

JR said...

I hug my guy friends, every now and again... although we usually have to hit each other after that (you know, to reaffirm the fact that we are traditiona, naturally violent men without feelings, lol).

-Justin

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

KimmyK-Glad you enjoyed it. Post any questions you have.

Justin-Yeah hugging is pretty standard for close guy friends especially when you haven't seen them in a long while.

kimmyk said...

gimme more!

i know you're probably busy and all...but...gimme somethin...that is all.

Tanya Kristine said...

hey...a local blogger!

i'm going to go read your blog now.