Saturday, August 13, 2005

Human Interest, Part 2



I sat next to Mac at the Coffeehouse and he looked down.

"What's wrong brother ass?" I asked.

"She's dis-interested," he said.

"How can that be?" I asked. "You're a fascinating guy...god who can keep up with you?"

"Not the issue," he said sadly. "They do not pay you to be creative, intelligent, thoughtful and visionary unless major commodities result or you have an agent out selling you."

"You're broke," I said flatly.

"No, I got 8 rolls of pennies under my cutting board and $100 in SF".

"Not bad for 48 years of age," I said without cruelty. He laughed.

"Yeah, but that $100 will collect interest," he said with a Han Solo smirk.

Passion and interest is an interesting thing. One thing immediately shows up with Maslow and his hierarchy of needs. I guess Mac needs money. Gotta have money to collect interest...interest of all kinds.

"She is dis-interested" he said flatly.

"Interested in someone else?" I asked slyly (frankly I'd like to bed her).

"You are a dog Maugham," he said shaking his head.

"Sorry" I feigned, "so what next?"

"The inevitable," he said. "Slowly moving apart..hopefully peacfully and without recrimination. That is all you can hope for."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Why do you always assume it was me?"

"Well track-record. It's like the horses."

"Sigh," he moaned," okay I suppose ...yeah. I mean Maugham. you have known me since 1988...ever met a woman that can hang with me?"

"I don;t know. I've never found it that interesting a subject to be honest."

"Well, there ya go."
________________
Part 3 manana sports fans...


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

kotamaris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Well at least you will find it interesting.

kotamaris said...

sounds like the girl is all about the benjamins

Anonymous said...

women are highly overrated....when it comes to whether or not they are 'interested' mostly they are indifferent and just worry about themselves and their interests, as well, they think alot more about sex then men think, generalising, yes i am, but my point is....men should worry less about that and just be happy with themselves, afterall confidence in a man Interests a womam.....ya i know...who cares about my opinion....as for his interest in money...well he's only got $100 and he's 40 something...ya i'd be interested too. ;)

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Mitz..I rather like your opinions.