Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fish & Chips Part 16



He flashed his ID at the young girl behind the counter and looked for Felix

He wasn't there, so he dressed down and did some basic warmups then hit the treadmill.

He slapped on headphones and a soundtrack that energized him. But he felt tired. He did more walking than running.

Felix came up after 20 minutes.

"Sorry bro," he said.

"No problem," he said. "Just glad you are here."

Felix ginned, which made Dicky feel strangely good.

They ran alongside for awhile then quit and headed for the weight room.

"How's your back?" Felix finally asked.

"oh...hell...fine," he said. "Yeah...no it was...sheesh...look at this and this"

He showed him the gash down his ribs and then the deep marks on his ankle.

"That dog got diseases?"

"Naw...no way man" said Felix. "Besides, you deserved it Bro."

Dicky laughed. "Yeah, I did." he said. "You drink my beers?"

"Naw, I got them on ice," he said. "But I ate your chips and dip."

They finished a series of weights and hit the hot tub.

Dicky laid back and let the water foam around him.

"So what do you think?"

"You're a madman, man" Felix said.

"Yeah," he said. "Tell me what you've seen."

"Uh...men...you know...they come and go...but never stay."

"She ever talk to you?"

"She told me once my dog was sick, and he was" Felix said. "I think she is deep trouble man. Bad news...dark and wrong."
________________________
After the hot tubbing...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: