Sunday, September 04, 2005

Al Michaels on God, part five


Philip Seymour Hoffman
______________________________

He looked at me with his glasses down his nose, and smiled.

"I had a date with her," I said.

"Not anymore."

Then NAP was there all plump and out of breath.

"I'll leave you two," I said and then I walked over to the large aquarium window and put my hand up to the window and Mary Louise Parker swam up and put her hand up to mine and smiled.

"I'll get back to you," I mouthed.

Al Michael's walked up. he had a patch of barbeque sauce on the corner of his mouth a a bit of chicken.

I didn't mention it.

"I thought about what you said," Michaels said.

"And what did you conclude?"

"I'm gonna be Al Franklin Michaels" he said.

"I'm not sure that is a good idea."

"My name is Franklin," said the man in the blue suit reappearing.

"See, it's taken," I said , "And...well...I'd find another."

I turned and was in a strange room. Very nice and they were dishing up squab. I really like squab but wanted lobster instead. Michaels show up again and sat down in the corner and began to cry. I walked over and sat down next to him and poured him some cold water.

"It's gonna be okay," I assured him. "I'm here if you need anything, just let me know.." He quieted down and I smiled at him to reassure him. "It's not wrong not to know if you are open," I said. Then I stood up and walked to the window.
___________________________________
Lobster with butter and lemon...

No comments: