Sunday, September 04, 2005

Al Michaels on God, part four


Nicole Ari Parker.
___________________________

"Phone calls Mr. Malraux," the receptionist announces.

"Who?"

"Nicole Ari Parker line one, Mary Louise Parker line two...Philip Seymour Hoffman line three."

I punch the buttons.

"Nicole...how are you?" I ask.

"I am pregnant," she says weakly.

"How far along?" I ask.

"7 months" she replies. "I'll be right down."

"Nicole?"

"Yes?"

"Who is the father?"

"Philip Seymour Hoffman"

"Figures," I say. "He's sitting right here.

"I thought he was on line three" she says.

"No he just showed up next to me...but it doesn't mean he also is not on line three. Let me check."

I put Nicole Ari Parker on hold and push down the button for Philip Seymour Hoffman. "You there?"

"Yes..I'm here," he says.

"But you realize you are also sitting quietly next to me, right?"

"Yes, I realize that," he says.

"How do you account for that?"

"I don't have to," he says. "I've been studying Zen for three weeks."

"How's that working for ya?"

"I'm talking with you, on the phone, and sitting next to you in your dream," he says.

"Anything else?"

"Yeah, I've lost twelve pounds."

I hang up and turn to him.
__________________________

Deep pools...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: