Monday, September 19, 2005

Manfred and the Connelly Incident 5



Mac stood up and walked toward Connelly and the door.

"Thanks," he said quietly when he reached her.

"What was the name of that book?" she asked.

"Oh, in this case I'd choose another by Kierkegaard... The Concept of Dread."

"I actually read some of that in Grad school," she said.

"Perfect." he said even. "I'd stay and discuss it with you but the police will be here any minute for me. Fitting huh?"

She laughed and they shook hands. Then Manfred said "Sahib!! An autograph!"

Mac pushed him out the door without a word and they walked down the sidewalk toward the Jeep.

"Autograph?! Idiot!" he muttered low and lean. "So why didn't you come home Manfred? Weren't you hungry! Didn't you miss some episodes of your favorite shows?"

"Oh Sahib, you are so silly!" he exclaimed. " I have Tivo in my room! No no no no, Indeed I wanted to tell the wonderful Ms. Connelly all about you."

Mac looked off to the side as if talking to God and said "You see what I deal with?"

When they got to the car Mac said "I'm driving," as he unlocked it and slide in. He thought about making Manfred ride the bike back but didn't.

"Can you get the bike and put it on the back rack please?" he asked. As Manfred scampered off he saw him waving to Ben Kingsley who had come outside. Mac's head slumped into the steering wheel.

The bike racked, they tore off down the road toward San Rafael. Then he just had to ask.

"Okay, so what did you tell her?"

"Oh in sublime moments of self-revelation and utter disclosure I did in full gloriousness depict you in all your splendor!"

"You told her about my ex-wives in other words."

"Oh YES!! She was most intrigued, especially about the incident in Mazatlan!"

Mac groaned. "I suppose you told her all about Miami?" he said glumly.

"Nope."

"No?"

"Not enough time."

"Great," Mac said.

"But Tahoe-Condo...yes."

"Do you hate me Manfred?"

"No no no no Sahib!" he exclaimed with joy. "I love Sahib! You are my Mortifier!"

"You mean role-model..."

"Oh?...oh okay...that too," Manfred said more quietly.

"Anything else?" Mac asked looking out the window.

"Ummmm...thinking," Manfred said looking out the other window. "Oh YES!! I told her that you are a Horny man!"

"You mean holy man," he said under his breath.

"Oh yes!! Indeed!! Yes, that is what I should have said! But I did, in goodness and conjugation depict the deep level of your spiritual horniness!"

"So it all worked out then," Mac said sardonically.

"Did for me."

"How so?"

"I got her phone number."

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh, that Manfred is honest and knows how to get what he wants.

Makes yah wonder what Jennifer was thinking when she was smiling at Mac ;) afterall she got the low down from Manfred.

But still Manfred got her number. Mac got her to laugh.

I suppose it is symmetry?

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Actually...It's Hans who is all about symmetry...but his story comes in a bit.

tabitha jane said...

lucky.