Saturday, July 23, 2005

CoffeeHouse Diary 11: Guns and More Guns 5


Now as you may know by now, I have been on the receiving end of a gun or two.

I have not been shot, but I have been shot at.

It's weird because if this tiny little piece of metal makes it's way into a vulnerable part of your body, you can be dead in minutes.

If not, then you just get an adrenaline rush x 5.

It certainly is nothing like television. I was up last week with The saint and he told me how it use to be...one quick shot...no blood and no one yelled...they went quiet.

[I think he misses the old days]

Anyway, we live is a far more dangerous world. Today a man was shot in London for jumping a turnstile, yet it made sense. The NRA continues it's lobby for automatic and semi-automatic assault weapons for "hunters" (gotta spray those deer!); and we speak opening of freedom when we really mean death. Another man was drunk and waved a gun which went off through his head...death and more death.

That is why guns exist...whether for humans or animals or whatever. They deliver death, which comes anyway, but a bullet comes sooner.

I like water guns, and even disks that ricochet off teeth...because it's all in good fun on some level.

Death is not. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was really interesting, was giggling through it till the last entry with real guns. I became sober, yet, wasn't repulsed because the 'tide changed' it did leave me to consider peoples intent with guns, whether it be toy or real.
Each one has a specific purpose which can bring joy or pain. Then of course you want to go out and buy the super soaker!

I also got a bit confused with the end of the 'lemonade incident' where in italics it said 'what came next' then you go into the real guns. I think i missed something. If so could you please tell me what went over my head?

Obi-Mac BakDon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Good point! I changed it.

Anonymous said...

and not that it matters, but when I was 16, first job, ever, I too was on the receiving end of a gun.....held up at gun point by a WOMAN no less, for narcotics.

I laughed, thought she was kidding, even as her nylon strapped face glared at me with desperation and anxiety.

I OBVIOUSLY came out unscathed, but the elderly pharmacist I worked with had triple bypass surgery because of it.....guess if she only got 3 mths in jail.

LOVED this entire episode on guns. TALENTED.....YOU ARE.