Tuesday, July 19, 2005

James Bondage Part 4



International politics, the most seductive women, deadly enemies both male and female, death and split-second decisions at every turn 24/7.

Yet Bond moves with a self-confidence and wholeness that is unshakeable. Everyone responds to Bond, enemies, femme fatales and lovers alike. In fact, it's the villains that seems most hard-pressed to impress this man.

So whether Bond is at the roulette wheel, playing baccarat, holding a dangerous woman, or behind the wheel of a Lotus underwater, it really does not matter.

He does what he pleases in the moment like a savvy Zen Master (with a raised eyebrow) because the universe seems to bend to his style and will.

And what is more appealing than that?

__________________________

Which brings me back to the beauty who made such obvious contact not 20 minutes ago.

She lingers outside at a table. When I look over she is not looking, but I feel her doing the same.

It's a game, a slightly ticklish dance that can go either way. It could end abruptly by one withdrawing, or it could be lightly played, or I could go and just be funny and see what happens.

But Bond would know just what to do. Me? I'm not so sure.

See I am 35 and I have been in love many times. I have been married twice to very beautiful and smart women. So one thing I know is that the universe does not bend to our every whim and desire for comfort and completeness. If it did, mosquitoes would not exist, or if so, at least not most of the Republican party.

And if I an honest about my own abilities to sustain a relationship with a woman I would have to rate myself up there with the captain of the Titanic and his ability with icebergs.

No. If the world we lived in was not heavily alienated there would not be terrorists, mosquitoes, meter-maids, gas-powered blowers, 6,000 pieces of spam in your email box, pop-ups, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
_______________________
Part Five: Women

No comments: