Sunday, July 17, 2005

CoffeeHouse Diary #6 Maughamus Interruptus 6


Part Six
________________________


Of course, you could guess my next move. I went back to The Undefeated and sure enough, there were pages 225-226 of Now I Lay Me inbetween pages 16 and 19 of The Undefeated.

Just Mis-bound.

But the thing that kinda disturbs me most about this latest interruption is that I read The Undefeated yesterday and I found the matador's meditiation on the Lord's Prayer to be the best part of the whole story. In fact, I interrupted my friend Bob's watching of the Giants/Red game (which was interrupting some Reality Show) to tell him how much I enjoyed that particular part of The Undefeated where the aging matador, faced with the possibility of one bullfight too many, thinks about the Lord's prayer and about praying for all those he has known in the past by name.

I do not pray very often, but when I do it's pretty naked and honest.

In this case here is my prayer:

"God. I should very much like to be with you, so long as it is not at all in Heaven as it is here on Earth.. Amen."


Hopefully no one will interrupt me as I try and pray this.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: