Tuesday, July 19, 2005

James Bondage Part finale



We are so shaped by movies and the expectation they shape, or the hopes they give us.

Sometimes they workout, because it is a dual deception. They are viewing you like a film as you are doing the same.

Later the re-runs get boring and you find out other films may be more interesting.

Anyway, I had given up on my immediate desire to re-orient/re-structure the modern university in a way that would be coherent and helpful rather than asinine and competitive.

The guacomole sliding around in my brianpan had not yet begun to leak out my ears, so I was safe for a bit.

She was still outside. It was cool and I had the long dark cashmere coat, which is an advantage when you are tall and lean as I am.

I wondered what Bond would do. He would know exactly what to say and do. But then he is just a fiction.

I immediately reminded myself that I am just a fiction as well.

Which really helped me get my courage up.

I wrapped up my leather journal and stuffed it into the down inside pocket of the long coat.

(I admit, in the coat I look a bit menacing, especially with my long flowing hair down the collars.)

I walked out in the smoky air knowing she was watching me.

So I came straight over with my head slightly down. Then looked up as she studied her book.

"You left something inside" I said.

"Excuse me?" she said looking mock-surprised.

"You left your blush," I said, "which I picked up alongside mine." I smiled.

"My blush?"

"Yes, they both dropped to the floor at the same moment and they scampered off together...didn't you see that?"

"no I must have missed that" she smiled widely.

"Well they did...they ran off together and are partying at Old Ironsides right now."

"Hmnnn."

"Care to go for a walk?"

"With you? It's late how do I know I can trust you?"

"ER, my Blush is off with yours," I said looking off.

"I mean they are the ones who have to be protected...we are just guardians, right?"

She laughed and her eyes crinkled up like a kinda of long-wanted release.

"Okay..where do you wanna walk?"

"The capitol? It's a nice night?"

"I have a better idea," she said. "Follow me".

______________________

So I did. I mean I was bigger than her so I was only slightly afraid (hell I am bigger than everyone who is not in football or basketball).

So we walked and talked and laughed a lot. And both our blushings caught up with us after a few blocks and they started to do a dance around us and even make fun.

At this point I parted company with Bond. Confidence and intelligence are one thing, but it is not reality. No. I am better than Bond, even if I am a fiction.

We did not make love that night, nor did we fuck. We listened to old LPs and lighted candles and found some disgusting old chinese food in the freezer. I smelled her raven-colored hair and felt the bone-curve with my hand...that exquisite place that every woman has between her ribcage and her hips.

And I woke up with my head clear and looked at the hair across her face and saw the line of her jaw and her eyebrows and I felt a joy James Bond will never know.

Just one fiction to another. Get a life dude.












Posted by Picasa

No comments: