Wednesday, July 20, 2005

James Bondage Part 1


The reason for this picture will become clear shortly.
_________________________________________

Recently, I was sitting at the cafe thinking about Wittgenstein, language and the matrix of questions which surround being human. Let's face it, for all of our cultural diversity, we share some pretty common issues: the meaning of life, the nature of relationships, the fear of death, the desire for love, the pangs of lust and the inevitability of taxes.

Well I was really on a roll that morning...something big. My mind was cutting the peripheral issues like a hot razor through custard (as opposed to the usual wooden spatula through a honey-baked ham). Most unusual was the new way how I was thinking.

I have a very "Greek" mind. I tend to look at things as a yes-no, left-right, on-off, 1-2 situation with varying degrees in between. . But that morning, sipping on a double white-mocha and with the espresso kicking in I began to see things differently and a new model began to emerge - a multi-faceted model - a web of interconnected relationships between scientific disciplines (see below) that would by-pass the overly rationalistic, stiff and competitive model the modern university uses. I began to see complete inter-relationships and my mind was now racing at top speed.

At that moment, I reached down to take a swig of my mocha and BAAAM! My brain was suddenly turned into guacamole.

I swear, all I did was look up from my notepad. Had I known she was there, I would never have looked up. But I did and my eyes met hers and was returned unaverting. The moment stood a little outside of time until she smiled, and I smiled and we both blushed. Then she turned and walked away.

I returned to my notebook but it was futile, my brainpan filled with a quivering pile of mush.

I had been reaching for Einstein's shoelaces and now was a stricken adolescent whose body was in complete hormonal imbalance without possibility of recovery.

Life can be so cruel.

Not mysteriously, suddenly I cared less about Wittgenstein and the meaning of life. All I wanted to do was find her, walk with her, joke and laugh, smell her light perfume, wrap my arm around her waist and feel her soft lips.

Game over, at least that day.

_____________________
Part two: James Bond makes us espresso

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

tabitha jane said...

teach your brain to multi-task my friend!

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Yer joking right?

Isn't three different voices in 17 different and fairly unrelated areas enough for you my friend?

You will notice...I did get back to the new model.

Greg said...

Women are the reason why some intelligences are never fully realized. And I for one, am not complaining.

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Ah Greg..you slay me..I knew you would understand.

James T Wood said...

Chicks can multi-task. Guys are single-minded.

It's nice to have my guacamole maker at home though, so I can choose when she turns my brain off with her wiles.

I was in college, had a 4.0 and no girlfriend. Got a girlfriend, flunked out of college. It's not a conincidence.

Obi-Mac BakDon said...

James has a point.