Friday, July 29, 2005

Searching for Rod Swenson Part 4



When I finally got past rock star managers and psychology profs concerned with autocatakinetics, I started to find his artwork, including some fantastic self portraits.

I am proud to own maybe 6 originals, including 4 "Bob the Dog" paintings, which are quite popular.

It is hard to find really great art that is engaging yet affordable. Rod has this utter commitment to having his artwork available to everyone. One of my favorites I bought for $80. I wouldn't sell it for $800, even if I was starving (actually it's currently on display in the little Jedi's room to inspire her).

Anyway if you go HERE, you will see how affordable these wonderful pieces are. And remember, the gallery (and it is a fine gallery by the way) probably gets 40 percent.

But then Rod and LizAnn live in Taipei. My guess is (and this is in sheer ignorance) that our shoestring budget here in Marin for a month would probably match theirs for most of a year if not the whole thing.

It's relative. So Rod charges $275 for a painting and I charge $3k . It works out abt the same.

Weird that way. Personally, I like his chances better because he comes HERE and sells the whole lot...then beats it back to China.

Smart guy that J-Rod.
____________________

Next...Posted by Picasa

No comments: