Saturday, July 30, 2005

Interview with Mac Part 5


We see through a mirror dimly...

Part 5

MM: Tell me about your art. Do you see that as some divine calling by God?

MAC: No, not at all.

Is it some special assigned calling to do my dishes? I think not. It's just a part of life. I happen to be artistic by nature. The best you can say is that all of our giftedness is somehow reflective of being created in the image of God.

MM: The image of God. You think I am created in the image of God?

MAC: No, you were created in the image of Mac, and I was created in the image of God.

MM: But I am better than you. I am certainly funnier.

MAC: I'll grant you that. You certainly have a freedom I do not enjoy, and if I was an envious being, I would envy you. But I don't. I rather enjoy you. I like that you are more successful than I am. I'm proud of you.

MM: But I just said I was better than you. You aren't even going to argue?

MAC: It's not an important category to me. You want to feel better than me. Good. Feel good Maugham.

MM: Okay, now you are just pissing me off. I think I have been too easy on you in this interview.

MAC: Why?

MM: Maybe it's because you look do sad. I dunno. Are you as sad as you look?

MAC: Perhaps. I certainly thought that things would go different than they have. I suppose that makes me sad. I've known a lot of loss. But that is the price of real human freedom, which is also a gift.

MM: How come you give me so much freedom?

MAC: I respect you and trust you more than you know. It's your life to do with as you please.

MM: How am I doing?

MAC: How do you think you are doing?

MM: I hate it when you do that.

MAC: That's for you to work out. I would suggest you stop drinking and pay attention to your notes.

MM: Is that an order.

MAC: Waiter!? Another Chablis for my friend.

Can we get back to image?

MM: Sure. I'm prettier than you.

MAC: Indeed. You are a sexy beast.

MM: Why did you make me so pretty?

MAC: It's a reflection of some aspect of myself.

MM: You narcissicist!!! How dare you?

MAC: No it's not for me, it's for you, and for others. I am quite content as I am. I only want you to thrive. However I do have a suggestion for you.

MM: Yeah, what is it.

MAC: Well when God created humanity in God's own image the reflected glory or image was "male and female". You need both.

MM: I've got plenty of women.

MAC: That's my point. "Getting women" and living in a relationship with a woman that is reflective is a big swing.

MM: Are you lecturing me?

MAC: No. Just something you might wanna look at. Your choice.

MM: Why do I suddenly feel like you have turned the tables on me?

MAC: Sorry. I may have done that subconsciously. I do care about you. But you are right. This is your interview and you should be harder on me.
_______

Part 6...Posted by Picasa

No comments: