Friday, July 29, 2005

Searching for Rod Swenson Part 2



The first Rod Swenson I found taught or teaches at the University of Conneticut. His forte seems to be moving beyond Cartesian dualisms and the inherent epistimological problems inherent in such and view new models. He reminds me of The Saint, only he's not as funny and sexy.

But he does say this:

we have come to recognize more recently that in complete contrast to the 'Problem of Parmenides' the a posteriori and what may be understood as the a priori given of the epistemic act and its entailments collapse to a single set of principles. Among other things, for example, the otherwise endless and insoluble debate as to whether idealism or materialism is immediately a non-starter from this view.



A very good Rod Swenson, but not the one I am looking for. Still, I'll send his work over to the appropriate party (The Saint) as I am not smart enough to decipher this stuff, even though my degree was in Psychology.

__________
Next....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: